It’s definitely no secret that fundraisers are essential in bringing in money to support your cause. But, if you’re looking to make your fundraiser stand out, you have to be more creative than the average bake sale. Here are five interesting ideas for fundraisers to help get your creative juices flowing and have a successful event.
1. Organize a sporting tournament. People love to get active and compete, so why not encourage them to do it for a good cause? Depending on what sport you’re planning for, you can charge an entry fee for players to participate with all proceeds going towards your fundraiser. You can also sell refreshments at the event or ask teams and players to come with canned foods that you can donate to local food banks.
2. Host an auction. Auctions are always a hit. Ask local shops to donate items that participants can bid on for a chance to win! People can bid on items like gift cards, autographed memorabilia from celebrities or sports figures, or products from small businesses. Not only will this bring in some funds for your cause but it will also give the business that donated an opportunity to promote their company while being a part of a great cause.
3. Screen a movie night. Who doesn’t like a night of watching movies surrounded by friends? Charge each person an admission fee and put together a fun movie viewing experience that includes snacks and other amenities like blankets and pillows that attendees can purchase with additional fees. This is sure to be both fun and profitable!
4. Car Wash. Have volunteers set up shop in convenient locations around town offering people the opportunity to have their car washed while giving to charity at the same time. This is sure to be popular during warmer months where people might be more willing to get out and get their car washed.
5. Put on a concert or showcase local talent. Putting on professional performances such as concerts or plays are perfect for fundraising events because people are usually willing to pay for entertainment in order to support a good cause as well as entertain themselves at the same time You don’t have to feature name-brand stars; in fact, featuring local talent is often more appreciated by the community and allows them be involved with the cause as well!
No matter which type of fundraiser you choose, one thing is certain – getting creative is key if you want your fundraiser to stand out! With these unique ideas, hopefully you feel inspired enough to go ahead and plan something that will attract people who are willing not only have fun but donate generously towards your incredible cause!
Are you looking for an engaging and successful fundraiser for your organization? Here are some interesting ideas that could help you achieve your goals.
1. Create a cookbook composed of family recipes from members of your organization. Have them submit their favorites, then compile and sell the book to raise funds for a cause or project.
2. Plan a silent auction night, gathering donated items from businesses in the local community—everything from gift certificates to artwork to sporting goods—then set up an online auction or table at an event where your supporters can buy them.
3. Hold a talent show featuring performers from within your own community or organization. Have volunteers to judge, who will offer up prize packages and even cash prizes for the winners!
4. Set up a car wash and use donations as payment to bring in money while also involving members of the organization with something fun and different.
5. Try hosting a karaoke night, where members can come out and sing their favorite tunes in friendly, yet competitive fashion. Donations collected at entry can go towards your cause!
Whatever type of fundraiser you choose, brainstorm creative ways to activate your supporters and spread the word about your organization’s mission. Look into contests, raffles, competitions, scavenger hunts, and more. With creative promotions and powerful storytelling, you can make your fundraiser a success!